Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to School

I think I may have outsmarted Walmart this year.  Their Crayola crayons are still 25¢ a box.  I got all of mine for 20¢ at Kmart.  I also held off and didn't pay 15¢ each for their 3-pronged folders.  I paid 5¢ each at Smith's Marketplace.  I didn't even walk into Shopko this year -- boo for limits.  I mean really, who only buys 6 pencil boxes?  I need 30.  

So, this year I shopped around.  I got some great deals.  But then I realized school starts tomorrow, so I ran to Walmart and spent $235.67 on the rest of the supplies I need.  Who can bargain shop when you're on a deadline?    I figured I'm stimulating the economy, so then I went to Lakeshore and bought a $20.00 crayon sorter.  Yes, I already have a box for lost crayons, but who can stand to put a lost crayon in a lame box when you can sort it into a corresponding color can from Lakeshore?  I used a coupon. 

3 comments:

  1. Do you start school next week? Spencer starts school tomorrow! How fast the summer flew!
    Hope you have a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh- that post gives me organizer drool. So colorful and fruuuugalllll- mmmmmmmm. ;D

    You rock m'lady. Looks like you're going to have a FABulous year. How was the first day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one reason why I should never be a teacher -- the organization. I can't handle things not in order. It's especially important for me to have RAINBOW order. I would spend all day ignoring the kids while I rainbow-ordered everything in the room.

    ReplyDelete