Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tomato Carnage

I thought I was being super healthy this Saturday when I used a coupon to buy not one but two big bottles of V-8 juice, the low sodium variety.  I also thought I was Miss Muscles and decided to layer all the plastic bags and the 12 pack of toilet paper so I could bring everything into the house in one trip.  I guess the 20 extra steps I would have had to take to do it in two trips was more than I could bare.  Well, I was opening my sliding door when one of the bottles of V-8 slipped out of the bag and hit the edge of the stairs in just the right way that sent blood-like juice splattering all over the patio, the grocery bags, and my legs.  Thankfully, it's warm enough now that I was able to reattach the house and spray off the patio.  I would have included a picture but then my blog might get an M rating for mature audiences only.  Let's just say it was pretty gruesome.  While I'm on the subject of gross, I found one of Dudley's claws on the stairs.  Yup, it just popped off.  At first I couldn't figure out what it was, but after realizing it was one of his nails I think I threw up a little in my mouth.  Yuck.  V-8 anyone?

7 comments:

  1. Ohh...have you tasted the low sodium V-8 yet? It's grosser than gross. The real V-8 is good, but the low sodium stuff....ewweee..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually prefer the low-sodium to the regular. I guess that's why they make different varities. I buy mine by the case at Costco, which I don't necessarily recommend. I'm afraid they won't all get consumed before the expiration date. A V-8 paired with a string cheese is a great snack!

    BTW - gross about the claw. I once found one of my husband's cat's teeth laying on the floor. I still grin inside a little knowing that cat is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you bought two bottles! Grocery accidents are sad. I still remember when I was a little girl and broke a giant bottle of very expensive vanilla extract when I was carrying in a grocery bag. And believe me, I can still remember the horrified, angry face my mom was sporting when she saw the puddle in the garage! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already know we use V-8 to dip our grilled cheese in. I'm sorry- but what could be cooler than drinking your vegetables! We get the low sodium, too. I figure if it's tasting nasty that day we can sprinkle a little salt in it. :)

    Hey- I dropped a gallon of milk in the garage right in front of my mom! Only she just laughed at me.

    I loved the type-O's in this post, by the way- made the first glance much more interesting. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, reattaching the house is kind of weird. That's what I get for blogging when I should be sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can barely choke down warm tomato soup. Cold tomato juice? No thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, so I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth! I don't care for V8, but to each their own. :) I am the same way with groceries. Why take more than one trip? That usually brings smashed bread and crushed chips. You think I would learn by now! :)

    ReplyDelete