Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lock me up

It's only been one day and I've already broken several rules.  I have no resolve.  First, I checked facebook about 4 or 8 times today.  I have not left the house, although I did look out the window.  I have been playing word twist for the last three hours.  It's like Boggle.  After each game you see a nice bell curve and you get your rating -- very low, low, average, high, very high.  For the first hour I rated VERY LOW on every turn.  This was a little upsetting.  So then I spent the next hour trying to break into the low range.  I'm getting there about every third game.  Now I am just playing trying to come out average.  This is killing me.  I can't rate very low on a word game -- a word game, seriously?

8 comments:

  1. You mean you didn't go out in the 97 degree heat to buy a diet Coke at McDonalds? (Twice!) Are you playing 4x4 or 5x5? It took me forever to figure out how the dumb game worked. I got low and called it good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay once I figured out you don't have to type in every word you can just highlight the letters I think that boosted my average to just low. I took a break and watched three episodes of the Closer and came back to it. I got close to the average line three times. This is really bugging me and yes it is ten minutes to midnight. I haven't even attempted the 5X5. My pea brain can't even score on 4X4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can type in the words?!? My fingers are numb from using the finger pad thing. I tried the 5x5 once - you can't use 3-letter words. Not going to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have finally broken into the "average" ranking. Now if I can just average an average rating I might be happy. I might have to study the rare and ultra rare three word list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa! I love your blog. I have been lurking for a few days and thought I had better say hello. :)
    Jenn (Jacobs) Peacock

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, man. Thank you for this. Carter challenged me to a Boggle game the other night. I had never played and I was TERRIBLE. Now I can practice a little so I won't look like such an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how long I will be able to resist this word twist game?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...I caved when you first posted this and tried the game....AND I AM ADDICTED. I do have to say I think there is something fishy going on. NO WAY can real people be getting those scores. I haven't tried the highlight thing...I always just type. Maybe I'll have to try it the other way....or just accept the fact that I am "below average" more than my fair share of the time!

    ReplyDelete