Friday, December 31, 2010

Win Today

Okay, it's the new year and I'm trying to be inspired.  It's working.  I lifted this sentiment from Life does Jed Brother of Ben does Life from the below video.  I love it.  It says everything about forgiveness and not giving up on yourself.  Usually I keep these kinds of posts on my private blog, but 'tis the season and I'm putting it out there for all to see.


Nathangetsfit said yesterday was an epic failure. So I am going to tell him the same thing I tell my players on a daily basis. Win Today. You can’t do anything about yesterday and tomorrow will always be a day away. Win Today. Could you have done better yesterday? Absolutely. Could it have been worse? Easily. Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourself and don’t use it as an excuse to screw up today. Worry about one day at a time. If you can Win Today it can start a string of success and then you will start winning almost every day and before you know it you will have accomplished your goal. Just know that winning today doesn’t make tomorrow any easier. Tomorrow doesn’t give a crap about what you did today. You have to win every day. I tell my players all the time that for us to win on Friday we have to have great practices on Tuesday and Wednesday. Same goes for weight loss or fitness. Yes I want to weigh 200 pounds, but if I don’t Win Today, then it isn’t happening.

1 comment: