Friday, February 13, 2009

Roses are red


It was quite a surprise when the principal walked into my classroom during our valentines party followed by a man in a suit and a women carrying one dozen long stemmed beautiful red roses. My first thought -- there's been some sort of mistake.  But actually, one of my students put my name in at Harmon's grocery store during our school PTA day and I was selected to receive the flowers.  She wrote, "Miss Garber makes everything fun -- even math."  I couldn't contain my excitement and I blurted out, "My first roses for Valentine's Day!" Then a sigh, "Actually, today is Friday the 13th."  I've got to remember to edit my comments before I speak them out loud.  But I was pretty excited and the roses are beautiful.  Who cares if my first valentine roses come from an 8 year old.

2 comments: