Monday, February 9, 2009

The Grammys

All due respect to Alison Krauss but Coldplay was robbed!  I loved the Justin Timberlake duet at the end.  I also loved the Chris Martin, Jay Z duet.  Kid Rock rocked.  Jennifer Hudson's song was touching, but one of my favorite moments was watching all these rappers sing along to Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline.  So fun.  On Saturday I went to brunch, but it turned into lunch because let's face it, I'm not really a morning person. Anyway.  It was fun reminiscing with Tina, Mel, and Stacy about Jr. High.  Good times.  Whoever thought a mandatory gymnastics unit was a good idea?

4 comments:

  1. Until Viva La Vida is declared Best Song in the Universe, I don't think I'll be satisfied :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a slide show of the best and worst dressed. Are you kidding me? A polka dot sheer maternity/bikini/miniskirt? Who do people think they are? I did not appreciate THAT biology lesson. And Gyneth Paltrow, who usually seems so elegant. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That polka dot bikini miniskirt ensemble was worn by M.I.A. who was due on that day. Let's just say it was quite the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I am living under a rock again. I had no idea that the Grammy's were on. *sigh* I remember my first experience with the Grammy's. Michael Jackson, doing the moon walk, throwing his hat out in the crowd. Skin the cat.. shiver.. I still get the chills thinking of mandatory gymnastics. Hey lunch was fun! We need to do that more often!

    ReplyDelete