Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pop Princess

My new cardio mix includes songs by Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga. I think I've sold out. I can't help it. I love to sing along to Party in the USA and if I even hear three notes of a Gaga song it's in my head for the rest of the day. Technically, I burned the Glee cast version of Bad Romance but I know I'm walking a fine line. I even feel guilty about the songs from the World Cup. I LOVE THEM! But, I'm not a huge soccer fan so I feel like I jumped on the World Cup bandwagon like every other American. To top it off there are three Beyonce' songs. Halo couldn't even be considered a workout song, but I'm justifying the inclusion by using it for my cool down. I'll just have to embrace my inner Sasha Fierce. Goodbye Smiths, goodbye Violent Fems, Goodbye Velvet Underground...I am officially a sellout.

3 comments:

  1. HAha! You know- when you're working so hard in other areas of life, you have to cut corners SOMEwhere. It's just easier to listen to what's playing sometimes- even if it requres no brain power. At least there's star power. ;D

    I'm glad you're blogging on here again. They make you get an account at the place where you read your weightloss posts! I just cringe every time I have to make up ANOTHER username and password. :b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just use your nieces as an excuse for "Party in the USA." I use my daughers as an excuse, but sing it at the top of my lungs along with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm this song may or may not be the number one played song on my top 25 list off my iPod.

    ReplyDelete