Sunday, December 28, 2008

Favorite Songs of 2008














I switched my playlists to the songs I could listen to over and over again in 2008. When making the list I tried to be a purist. If the album was released in 2007 -- scratch, off the list. That eliminated a whole slew of songs. I had to take off all the Kid Rock, Daughtry, Jordin Sparks, Colbie Caillat, Sara Bareilles, and Regina Spektor that I love and helped me get through 2008. Really, I could have put the entire Cold Play album there as well as the Joshua Radin CD although I like We Were Here better than Simple Times. One album I will not be putting on the list is Fleet Foxes. It made the top ten of so many music critics. I've listened to it and I just don't get it. One song I do get however, is The Shining by Badly Drawn Boy. I heard it in the movie trailer for Last Chance Harvey a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't place it. It was driving me crazy until last night and yipee I heard it again and there it was. Great song but sadly it was released in 2000 so it's not on the list but you can listen to it here. The songs are in no particular order because I can't narrow it down like that. I couldn't limit it to ten either but these are my favorites. If I'm being honest with myself I would also include some Rhianna and Beyoncè but that's a little too honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment