Friday, December 12, 2008

Heels

In the winter as the air gets drier so do my heels.  I really have to think about my feet.  I must put lotion on before I go to bed.  I must keep them smooth and callous free. I thinks that's why I love the Ped Egg so much.  Anyway, I got a little behind on my foot maintenance regimen and the other day my heel cracked right down the middle.  This is nothing new.  It always happens. It's really gross.  It's really painful.  I thought about including a picture but I still feel guilty about posting the horrid Tyra Banks meat photo.  I couldn't subject anyone to my dry cracked heel.  But, in all honesty my heel has been giving me some trouble.  It was not fun walking around at the Festival of Trees.  My heel was screaming.  I also think my right calf muscle is larger than my left because I've been walking on my toes for the past week so I don't put any pressure on my heel.  

Last night I woke up because my foot hurt and I "overheard" this conversation in my head.
Big toe: Why don't we just get rid of him. (Him being my heel.)
Other big toe:  We can't she won't let us. (She being me.)

This has led me to a few conclusions.
  1. My heel is a male.
  2. Body parts can hold grudges.
  3. I should be committed.
In fact I shouldn't be posting this scenario because it could be used as evidence in the trial where my family tries to gain power of attorney.  

Yes, after a nearly two week absence this is what you get.  I apologize. I'll try and work up something a little more festive for the next post.

4 comments:

  1. I HATE it when my heels crack. They were getting really bad so I had to have an intensive session with my PedEgg last night. Have you tried those special spa socks that help your feet absorb moisturizer? When mine get really bad I use them and they work wonders. I hope your heel feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the spa socks, but I have slathered my feet with vaseline, stuck them in a Ziploc bag, and secured the bag with a sock. I don't know if this is a podiatrist recommended method, but I'm sure it can't hurt anything, except for the bones I break when I get up in the night and slide across the room because I'm walking in vaseline lined plastic bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owie! Mine get dry when I neglect sock wearing. Zach has never gone barefoot and has almost no callouses- I'm so jealous. I've found any kind of abrasives to exacerbate the problem, even though they seem to be rubbing the calloused skin off- they are also aggravating the skin. I wonder what a doc would say about your poor footsie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,
    My mom SWEARS by a product called Carmol 20. You can ask a pharmacist to order it for you, but you don't need a prescription. Her foot doctor did recommend it!!! She will use it and then do the bag/sock thing.

    ReplyDelete