Sunday, December 28, 2008

Best movies

Everyone is doing year-end lists and I can't be left out. It's been fun compiling my best and worst list. On any given day the placement may change but I'm pretty secure in my top ten.

Here are my top ten movies of 2008:
  1. Australia
  2. Young@Heart
  3. Iron Man
  4. Marley and Me
  5. Baby Mama
  6. Ghost Town
  7. The Dark Knight
  8. Kit Kittredge an American Girl
  9. Twilight
  10. W.
I also saw a whole lot of kid films that I must say I thoroughly enjoyed so here are my top five:
  1. Kit Kittredge an American Girl
  2. Kung Fu Panda
  3. Nim's Island
  4. Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D
  5. WALL-E
I'd include my list of worst movies of 2008 but then I'd have to admit that I saw Burn After Reading and Tropic Thunder. Oops. Well, here goes:
  1. Burn After Reading
  2. Tropic Thunder
  3. The Happening
  4. Cloverfield
  5. X-Files I Want to Believe
  6. Made of Honor
  7. Nights in Rodanthe
  8. Yes Man
  9. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
  10. Nothing Like the Holidays
After looking at all the films released in 2008 these are some of the films I still plan to see but just haven't made the effort.
  1. Penelope
  2. Mama Mia!
  3. The Secret Life of Bees
  4. Bolt
  5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
  6. Frost/Nixon
  7. Valkyrie
  8. Last Chance Harvey
  9. Doubt
  10. Bedtime Stories

6 comments:

  1. I really want to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, too. Penelope is a fun, cute show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see Marley and Me.
    But I think the next on our list is Valkyrie.
    Thanks to you and amy for coming last night!
    I had a lot of fun and having you guys here made it a much better New Year's Eve than I was planning to have. Especially with chocolate chip cheese ball. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my name is Summer, I finally read the Twilight series over Christmas and tomorrow I'm dragging Zach to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admitting your addiction is the first step to recovery. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great list. I still need to see some of these. I added the recipe to the cereal stuff to my blog. I still haven't forgot about getting together for brunch etc. We are trying to get the house in order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I JUST added Young @ Heart to my Netflix queue (per your suggestion). And Rabbit Proof Fence, too. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete