Thursday, January 8, 2009

Community Ed.

Just before New Year's Eve I received my Granite Peaks Community Ed catalog in the mail. Amie had called to give me a head's up about some of the courses and I was anxious to read up on the offerings.  I do love to take classes and I thought I might try to round out my transcripts with a little less math and a little more liberal arts.  Here are a few of my favorite offerings:



Explore meditation, breath work, chakras, auras, Reiki, some quantum-touch....Learn some Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) for self, family, friends, and pets....


...Boost confidence and self-esteem while learning some fun and effective Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT). Bring your positive attitude and open mind;...Taught by Healing Coach Utahna Tassie.


...Kinesiology can enable one to locate lost children, pets, underground water, best place for a business or vacation, problems with automobile, misplaced jewelry, etc. We'll also learn to find and clear substance sensitivites for family and pets with EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques).


Although few know much about it, Paganism is one of the world's oldest religions.  It is a spiritual way of life and a religion of nature.  Become educated and tolerant of others by studying different creeds.  If anyone you know claims s/he is now a Pagan, or Wiccan, take this class to understand the basics of this ancient religion.  Come with an open mind.  You may be surprised at what you learn!


Hmmm...

While I am intrigued about how Emotional Freedom Techniques may help me calm my dog and really, who wouldn't want to locate underground water? The Paganism and Witchcraft course pushed me over the edge.  So, on second thought I'm round enough -- I'll just stick to my algebra class and water aerobics, and call it good.


5 comments:

  1. Ooh, sign me up for the forkbending! Bending forks with my mind? There's a skill I didn't even know I was missing!

    And I love it when people are named Utahna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were hilarious.
    I can just picture the teacher.
    Scarves, big glasses, long graying hair from the seventies, lots of cotton/lycra clothing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm
    I think I need an invitation to project me.
    Unless it is for your own personal use only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Project Me is my new obsession. It was public for a couple of hours and I thought I was going to die. I've loaded all sorts of scandalous photos, weight related data, and menus. Biggest Loser style -- Maybe after I've lost the weight. But so far I'm having a ton of fun updating it.

    Loved hanging with the kids last night. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok seriously! Whatever happened to Cake Decorating 101 and Clogging for Beginners? I totally agree with the above comment and pictured the teacher the same exact way, except with the added birkenstocks with socks.

    ReplyDelete