Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm so blue...

Today I'm feeling a little glum.  The reasons?
  1. No milk.  I wanted cereal for breakfast.  Now I have to get dressed and go shopping or else settle for toast.
  2. Alison Becker no longer hosts VHI video countdown.  It's a new guy and he just can't bring the funny like she did.  I knew she made a mistake when she cut those bangs.
  3. I'm sure it's just water weight.
  4. My DVR went weird when I recorded this week's Biggest Loser so I only saw the first 15 minutes.
  5. I thought I'd watch it online so I came downstairs but I forgot my glasses.  I'm actually typing this with the screen about a foot from my face.
  6. Rain.
  7. Toxic rain.  
  8. Those stroke commercials -- now every time I get dizzy, have a headache, or slur my words I think I'm having a stroke.  
  9. 401K.  My statements came last week.
  10. I heard the new U2 single and I just don't like it.
  11. Laundry, another Saturday more loads of laundry.
Here are a few things that will surely help me get out of this funk:
  1. All Small and Mighty -- So small, so mighty, and it does smell pretty good.
  2. U2 is releasing a new CD not just a single.
  3. Lost is back.
  4. I actually like toast.  Especially if I eat it with honey.
  5. It really is water weight. My scale can calculate that.
  6. I can always read the top 20 videos online. 
  7. The rain should clear out the inversion.
  8. I have a laptop so when I walk upstairs to get my glasses I can take it with me.
  9. I still have many, many years till retirement so my 401K can recover.
  10. It's Saturday.
I feel better already.

9 comments:

  1. I SO need a scale that calculates water weight! The idea that one exists made me feel much better despite how dismal it looks outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're having a blue day. I totally understand where you are coming from on some of those!
    I joined Weight Watchers online this last month. It's helping....just not as fast as I would like it to!!! I want to drop 30 pounds in a week like they do on the Biggest Loser!
    Hope your day gets a little less blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, it is getting a little less blue because I just saw some blue -- blue sky peaking through the clouds. What a beautiful sight. Before that I was actually contemplating going to pick up my prescriptions in my pink polka dot pajama bottoms without my hair brushed. Who shops in pajama bottoms? (About 12.7 % of the people at Walmart on a Friday night after 10:00 p.m.) I mean I was going to go straight to the pharmacy and back, after I stopped for some milk, and maybe a few other necessities. Thank heavens for blue sky. I might have just saved myself from utter humiliation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is 11:51 am, and I am still in my pajama bottoms. Thanks blogger comment time stamp for rubbing it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh. ouch. i know the pain of the 401K. But at least we aren't retiring in 5 years, like our parents. i've heard of people in their generation losing 100s of thousands of dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I about croaked when I actually looked at the 401K losses for the year. Oh well. Retirement is overrated anyway. What would I do all day? Blog on the Internet?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so funny! I thought the same thing about U2. Hopefully the CD is better than that crazy boots song. Hmmm..... Yeah, the 401K represents about the 401 dollars that is left in all our retirement accounts. We'll just have to hope Ashley is a millionaire to take care of all of us when we're old and moldy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha! I needed a good chuckle. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT? U2 has a new single? What rock have I been hiding under? Great post! I need to turn around blue days like that!

    ReplyDelete