Thursday, September 18, 2008

Matt

Happy Birthday Mattoo Wattoo!

Some favorite memories of Matt:
  1. Underoos. He was a big fan.
  2. Moon Boots. Another big fan.
  3. Dad comes home from the store with a candy bar and hands it to Matt. Melanie and I look at each other -- "Why'd he get one?" Dad,"'Cause he's 'the boy'."
  4. Racing from the top of Daisy Ave to see who could get home first -- Matt on a pastel green scooter. The rest of us -- Blue Astrovan. Matt won by a headflip over the handbars.
  5. Driving across country to visit grandpa in Mississippi. Many stops at motels. Matt racing to be the first one into the room so he could be the first one into the pool. Face planting it on the motel door. Melissa, Melanie, and Michelle walking in first.
  6. Matt would do anything for $5. Including the "Nestea Plunge." (Straight backflop into a pool. Arms outstretched.)
  7. Give the boy a box of aluminum foil, a #10 can of beans, and a video camera -- You've got hours of entertainment.
  8. Matt unfamiliar with Wassail innocently asking how to drink it -- Mel and I responding, rather sarcastically, "In a bowl Matt." Five minutes later Matt walks in with a steaming bowl of Wassail. I don't think he'll ever live it down.
  9. Realizing how cool email can be when Matt was on his mission.
  10. Great phone call concerning a certain "calling" in the primary. Let's just say I was a little manic at the time.
  11. Best memory. Matt finding Kiley. They are the perfect pair.
Hope you have a happy birthday. You're a great brother.

5 comments:

  1. AWWWW. Matt's not a blog checker, but I'll have to make sure he pulls up this entry. We had a nice, low-key day. Most of the celebrating will happen this weekend -- BYU game, Sundance for dinner, dinner at Garbers, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa. A couple of other good ones --- the time when you slapped your leg mega, mega hard and the whole "why do you have long hair like a girl" incident. I'm still a little bit surprised that I actually said that to a second grader. He probably went home and told his mom. Anyway, you're a good sister. Thanks.

    - Mattoo Wattoo (I'm glad that nickname didn't ever stick).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, that leg thing hurt! If you hadn't of moved your hand you would have been smartin' and the "why do you have long hair like a girl?" incident will go down in history as one of my all time favorite moments. I couldn't really say it, but you on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I am most likely going to copy this one. I have some things I can mention about my siblings too! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! sorry, Mattoo Wattoo...I'm the slacker sister. :) I love these memories! Seriously, any time I pass any wassail drink that the thing that comes to mind. You're an awesome brother, Matt! By the way-Melissa forgot to mention the Fat Man suit. Man, that was always a blast on a long Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete