Sunday, October 5, 2008

Four and a half stars

So yesterday I took the kids and Matt to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. The Trib gave it one star. I guess they thought the racial undertones and the insipid doggy clothes perpetuated stereotypes about Mexicans as well as L.A. socialites. I however, very much enjoyed watching the pack of wild desert chihuahuas fight off three roaring mountain lions. Later that evening after a stop at Barbacoa for their yummy burrito soup, I went with Amie to see Flash of Genius. The Trib gave it three and a half stars. It's a story about an inventor who sued Ford motor company for their patent infringement of the intermittent windshield wiper. Good story just probably best viewed at the 7:00 pm showing instead of the 9:40 pm. It's not often I see two movies in one day, but when you combine them, the total rating was four and a half stars. Not bad for a day at the theater.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL. She's going to have to come back as a regular if she gets elected. It's hard to stay up past the opening skit, but the last three have been hilarious. With Queen Latifa as Gwen Ifill, and Jason Sudekis as Joe Biden, it was dead on. I laughed out loud. My rating is five and a half stars. So I guess that makes my night a perfect 10.

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME SNL clip! We loved it. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for taking our family to the movies. That's such a fun outing for our kids, no matter what we see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that's one way to look at it; gotta love that tina fey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNL is hilarious with those skits!!!

    ReplyDelete