Sunday, November 16, 2008

Babysitting

Last week I got to spend the weekend watching the kids while Matt and Kiley left for their cruise to the Caribbean.  I got there Saturday morning and we enjoyed a calm start.  It was a beautiful day so we walked to the park.  Miles is a climber!  He wanted to climb everything. Including the giant slide. Hannah was a great helper keeping track of him.  The girls had fun chasing each other around and Madelyn even attempted to swing on the twister with a couple of bigger kids.  It didn't work out so well, so we decided to head back home for lunch and a nap for Miles.  While Miles napped the girls worked on the computer, played with the perler beads, and then we all watched Felicity.  When Miles woke up we got ready to go see Madagascar 2. It was cute.  We finished the night at IHOP for dinner. By bedtime I was just as tired as everyone else was so we all went to bed. Sunday morning we got up and had leftover pancakes for breakfast and then we all got ready to go to grandma's house for church.  My timing was off and we got ready too early so we played and read books until it was time to go to grandma's.  Grandpa was speaking so it was nice to be able to listen to his talk about following the prophet.  Grandma was teaching Sunday School so my only stress came at the end of sacrament meeting when mom had left, dad was nowhere, Miles was falling asleep and I was trying to pick up everything on the bench.  How do single moms do it? But Tina was there to help.  She walked the girls to primary and I made it Sunday School but gave up half way through when Miles was zonked so dad and I took him back home and put him down for a nap,  it was time for my nap too.   All in all it was a fun time.  The kids were fantastic, but I have a new appreciation for moms out there.  It was tough and tiring. But I'd still do it again in a heartbeat.  Matt and Kiley, thanks for letting me hang out with the kids.  Hope your vaca was amazing.  Can't wait to hear all about it. 

2 comments:

  1. Whoa- ambitious! You were moving nonstop! No wonder you were exhausted!! What a fun aunt.

    Where's Kiley's cruise blog- I'm dying to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome aunt! It is nice for parents to have someone to rely on. It's tough enough to be a parent and even moreso when you're single and I couldn't do it without my sister.

    ReplyDelete