Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Melanie


Today is Melanie's birthday.  So in honor of her.  I thought I'd write a little poem, or maybe rather an ode.

A Sisterly Ode Written at Work While Avoiding the Copy Room.

Melanie Melanie Melanie
Sometimes we call you Smell.
Who invented the name? 
Don't give me credit.
The we, wasn't me, it was Shell.

You are my sister who I adore
I'm jealous of your husband
because he installed your
new floor.

You have very cute kids
Whom I like a lot.
They really are sweet
Adam's never a snot.

You helped do my laundry
when I was out of comish
you scrubbed all my toilets
and washed every dish.

You can quote any movie 
without a mistake
You even like scary ones
but they make my knees quake.

You love 80's tunes
Devo, Talking Heads, and U2
Blind, Big Chair, Whip it good
They sound like heaven to you.

Diet Coke is your drink
Don't even slip up with a Pepsi
Accidentally mention it once in a blog
And I might as well have lepsi (AKA leprosy)

My ode's about done 
It's rather absurd
I followed no rules
It's no "Flightless Bird"

But, Melanie Melanie 
Not much left to say
I hope you have fun on
your thirty blankth birthday.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Melissa!!!! I love this :)
    You're such an awesome sister - I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa!
    I love you- you're such an awesome sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, apparently I can't figure out how to post a comment so I posted three times now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT was auwesome.
    Oh, to have an ode in your name...
    Wait, I don't really mean me. I don't know about having a poem about me include the word "lepsi"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Melanie! What a great ode to her name! You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete