Sunday, November 23, 2008

Give me 5

Here's more random stuff about me.

5 things I was doing ten years ago.

This was hard.  I can hardly remember yesterday, let alone ten years ago.  
1 - Matt and Kiley just celebrated their tenth wedding anniversary so I know I celebrated with them.
2 - I was teaching 2nd grade at Riverside Elementary.
3 - I moved home and was living with mom and dad.  Beginning teachers don't make much and mom had a garage full of teaching supplies.
4 - I was taking classes from USU to get my GT endorsement.
5 - Attended the Londonderry singles ward in Sandy.

5 things on my to do list.

1 - Wrap presents for Melanie, Mark, and Mom
2 - Watch George Stephanopoulos 
3 - Correct two weeks worth of Weekend News
4 - Laundry
5 - Go to dad's to celebrate November birthdays. 
(I got two of the five things done.)

5 snacks I like

1 - Cottage cheese with Cheez-It crackers.
2 - Quaker Granola bites (peanut butter flavor)
3 - Cashews and almonds with dried cranberries and blueberries
4 - Clementines 
5 - Toast

5 Things I would do if I were a millionaire

1 - Hire a personal trainer
2 - Get Dudley some obedience lessons (we were kicked out of the last class)
3 - Remodel my kitchen
4 - Travel 
5 - Save 

5 Places I have lived

1 - Sandy
2 - Salt Lake
3 - Russia
4 - Estonia
5 - Latvia

5 Jobs I have had

1 - Teacher
2 - Nanny for a family with 12 children, 6 of whom were adopted from Russia
3 - U of U Development office (researcher)
4 - Famous Brands Housewares (associate)
5 - The Daily Utah Chronicle (staff writer, Editorial Editor)

If you read this you're tagged, but again, only if you want to.

5 comments:

  1. Wow- 12 kids?!?!? Were you the only nanny? That's amazing. Were Russia Estonia and Latvia from your mission? So do you speak Russian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I am going to need to think about this one. Looks like I will be posting every day this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really only cared for the Russian kids ages 2-11 and the youngest of the biological children. She was 8. The rest of the kids were teenagers. They only did things like beg me take them to Lagoon, mess up the kitchen, and call late at night for rides home. I watched them for two summers and on weekends. This really could be an entire blog post. The stories to tell. Yes, Russia, Estonia, and Latvia were from my mission. I used to speak Russian but I've lost a lot of it. Really, where do you practice it? The only time I hear it is during action movies with Russian villains and when I shop at the scary Smiths near my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got kicked out of obedience classes with my dog too. Actually, we dropped out before they asked us to leave. She was so naughty. Kept nipping and barking at other dogs. So embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it wasn't for your translating, I wouldn't have known what was going on in Indiana Jones! Nyit! (That means no)

    ReplyDelete