Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween fun

So I was crazy busy on Halloween. I was trying to get everything cleaned up from the party, put all the October stuff away, take out all the November stuff out, clean my room for parent conferences, and get grades ready, so I was feeling a little sad that I didn't get to hang out with the nieces and nephews. Who cares if Saturday was November 1st -- I decided to extend the ghoulish activities one more day. I absconded with Hannah, Madelyn, Ashley and Adam and dragged them grandma's house where we replicated some of the activities parent helpers came up with for the party.

First, we made some creepy crawlies with gumdrops.









Next, we folded origami bats and made witches' fingers to eat with our lunch.









After that, we took out crushed skeleton bones, bat blood, vampire drool, pond slime, and snake venom and made some serious potions in our scientific laboratory.










We finished everything off with some veggie monsters and ate them for lunch.








After we got everything cleaned up Ashley and Adam had to leave but Hannah, Madelyn, grandma, and I made animals with the pressed leaves I had leftover from my classroom.
It was a fun day.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks again for having this party! My kids are so blessed to have you for an aunt. I think of this party and the olympics crafts you did for them and swimming at your pool. You are an important part of their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Ok I doubt you had to 'drag' them over to grandma's. You are creating memories that will last a lifetime. I don't remember doing anything like this with my aunt's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a fun aunt! The kids are adorable. Ashley looks so much like you and Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pressed leaf animals are GENIUS. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun stuff! You got some great shots!!

    We are totally making those pressed leaf animals in preschool next week- awesome!!! Keep 'em comin' lady. Not all of us are so creative with our kiddie art project ideas. I'm totally running low on inspiration. Down to the nursery manual now.

    Yeah- I agree- you are one fun aunt.

    ReplyDelete