Monday, August 11, 2008

The C Word


Cavities -- I've got um. Two to be exact. So I went to my dental appointment today. I sat down in the chair, and the dentist said, now tell me girl, why does it hurt and where....Actually, he said, "Did you know that one of your teeth is rotated exactly 180 degrees?" Why yes, I did know that. Every time I go to the dentist he tells me that. My dentist also happens to specialize in forensic dentistry and upon first discovering my 180 degree molar he exclaimed that little idiosyncrasy would be helpful in identifying my remains, if the need should arise. So everyone take note -- 180 degree molar.

Today was especially fun because my dentist was very excited to show off his new "ultra cool" digital X-ray machine. It was so ultra cool that he was able to see cavities that he never would have identified otherwise. In fact this new ultra cool X-ray located the two minuscule cavities that most definitely would have been invisible with the old X-ray. He's telling me this why?

So I have another appointment on the 28th. I guess I'll have to keep flossing.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe your tooth is actually on straight, and you are turned 180 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I feel about cavities...&%$#@*&

    ReplyDelete