Friday, August 29, 2008

Note to Self

So I'm at the dentist's office ready to get my cavities filled. I recline in the chair, open my mouth and as the dentist adjusts the light, shot in hand, he says..."So, we're going to need to have a little talk about your blog." My blog? What? How did he...? MOM!!! So I didn't realize that my mom and dad also go to the same dentist and coincidentally scheduled an appointment shortly after my post entitled The C Word. Mom, you know I love you, but, did you really have to mention the fact that my dentist (I'm being very careful not to name names in case he does a google search) was the star of two, now three, posts? He's worried that I'm disparaging his name and basically the entire dentistry profession. He's also seconds away from giving me a shot and grinding down my cavity-ridden molar. Ugh. Not the position I want to be in. I did confess to mentioning a certain ultra cool X-ray machine. All in all the appointment wasn't too bad. He was pretty hilarious and I laughed through the entire ordeal, and that was without the aide of gas.

My favorite moment happened later that evening after purchasing a bowl of burrito soup (Yum!) from Barbacoa. I sat down and began to eat. The entire left side of my mouth was still numb and I was worried about biting my cheek and not knowing it, so thus the soup purchase. What I should have been worried about was keeping the soup in my mouth. Every spoonful dribbled out the side of my mouth and down my shirt. I felt like I was in a Buster Keaton movie. I gave up after having only eaten a fourth of the bowl. Ironically the only thing I could really keep in my mouth were the very crunchy and extremely tasty tortilla strip garnishes that come with the soup.

3 comments:

  1. The dentist (who shall remain unnamed) was actually so thrilled that he had made your blog. I guess I made your blog too. Sorry, mum's the word at the dentist from now on.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah- that dentist was just star struck. you have the funniest blog, dude. "Oh-bee-kay-bee? Oh-bee-kay-be."

    ReplyDelete
  3. In recent weeks I have had 3 trips to the dentist to take care of cavities and try drinking through a straw...

    ReplyDelete