Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can I Help You With That?

So, on my way to work I decide to run into the Top Stop and pick up a Diet Pepsi. I love the Top Stop because they have the yummy pebble/Sonic ice. I figure I might as well succumb to a frosty beverage before I walk into what was sure to be a long hot day at the Park. So, I'm in line standing behind a man with a cast on his hand. When the attendant rings up his purchase he goes for his wallet. Because I'm standing behind him, I witness the struggle that ensues as he attempts to free his wallet from his buttoned back pocket. After what seems like several minutes I think to myself, "I should offer to help him." But, then I quickly realize how foolish that would be, given the proximity to his backside, and immediately discard the silly notion with a little laugh. The laughing was not inside my head. The man turns to me and says, "It's not funny." Which then just prompts more laughing. The poor man tells the cashier to cancel his purchase as he walks to the bathroom so he can access his cash. I look at the cashier and we both just laugh. I don't know what's worse, looking like I was laughing at him, or actually thinking that I would help him unbutton his pants. Ugh!

6 comments:

  1. You need to watch Brian Reagan. He's a comedian that everything I've seen him do is CLEAN and he talks about awkward social moments like this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was hilareous! Wow- you're mean... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally picture it! How funny! You are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck is with the Pepsi? Have you gone to the dark side? I love the akward social situation- so funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really funny! I have to agree with Mel... Diet Pepsi? Good to know though that a gas station has pebble ice. Oh I heart that stuff!

    ReplyDelete