Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fortunately, Unfortunately

Fortunately summer vacation has been one of the best ever.
Unfortunately it is pretty much over.
Fortunately I love starting a new school year.
Unfortunately I only have two days to be ready for the kiddos.
Fortunately I have been working hard these past two weeks and should only need about two days to be ready.
Unfortunately I have to teach a math class tomorrow so that knocks me down to only one day.
Fortunately I have the weekend to finish up any last minute details and make necessary copies.
Unfortunately I don't own an industrial size copy machine.
Fortunately I don't use a lot of worksheets.
Unfortunately I do use a lot of graphic organizers, journal pages, and have lots of notes to prepare.
Fortunately I still have today to work on things.
Unfortunately I am wasting time updating my blog.
Fortunately I'm almost done.
Unfortunately I'm exhausted from watching the Olympics.
Fortunately I got to see Shawn Johnson win a gold medal.
Unfortunately it still doesn't help me prepare for the first day.
Fortunately I have a super fun idea for a first day lesson.
Unfortunately the book I ordered still hasn't arrived.
Fortunately I can go to the library. I love the library.

I'll break the chain and look on the fortunate side -- I really am getting excited for a new batch of kids. I love this time of year!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on a new year of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to write an entry. Unfortunately I'm thinking I'm going to be sad that you can't blog as much anymore after next week... but that would be wise.

    ReplyDelete