Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Meal = Happy Puppy

Yesterday as I was driving home from work I couldn't bare the thought of having to go grocery shopping. I was completely out of dog food and had already filled Dudley's bowl with Life cereal that morning. It was from a box I had purchased at Smith's during one of their 10 for $10 deals about a year ago so I didn't feel too bad about using it up.

This first week of school is always so exhausting and I was looking forward to getting home, curling up in my bed, and clearing out my DVR of all the TV shows I missed this week. So, rather than stopping at the store I opted for Wendy's drive through. I order a Southwest salad and Diet Coke and then I heard myself say, "And I'd like a cheeseburger kids meal with a frosty." The attendant informed me that the kids meal already comes with a frosty so I told him I'd have a rootbeer. I would have ordered a Diet Coke but I didn't want him to think I was giving my "kid" D.C.

When I got home I plopped the cheeseburger and fries into the Dudster's bowl. He couldn't have been happier. I ate the frosty with my salad and I dumped the root beer. I did keep the cool Magic Tree House audio CD that came with the meal. I'll be able to use that in the classroom. Now I know what you're thinking. It is not okay to feed a dog human food. I know I'm a terrible, indulgent, pet owner that places my needs above my poor dog's. But, I was tired.

So, this morning I got up and made him some scrambled eggs. I really need to go shopping.



Dudley's meal.







My meal.

7 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    I love the new look and your new songs from American Idol. I leave them on, so I can hear them in the kitchen. I also love your school blog. What lucky parents and kids to have you for their teacher. They will love looking on your blog for homework and events. Everything was amazing.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha hahaha! Awesome. Lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate with my kiddos. You know you're tired when you think that cheetos and some V-8 splash constitute a well-rounded meal. I do try to feed them at the table, though, instead of putting the food on the floor. However, I have put it on a chair to let Miles have at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuckle, chuckle...Cheetos and V-8 Splash, dairy, carbs, fruit, veggies...I buy it. You'll have to talk to Michelle about serving food. Apparently, Casey is going through this phase where he likes to dress up like a dog and eat his food from a bowl on the floor. It's pretty funny. She even gets him to do tricks like shake, speak, and roll over. Maybe she'll blog about it. Michelle, hint, hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, and good to know, when in a predicament, someone else does the same thing that I would do. Of course, not for long. :) Did you teach Dudley to dip his fries in the frosty? By the way, thank you for your sweet comment you left on my blog. It seriously made my day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog makes me laugh! Scrambled eggs for the dog! Wow! good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe one of us should remind Michelle about the years where Ashley was a cat.... Our little Kitty did love her frosty's though!

    ReplyDelete