Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hug it out

I just finished watching the Wimbeldon men's final. From beginning to end it lasted seven hours (including two rain delays). I didn't watch all seven hours. I've got a book to read -- yes, reading about vampires has made me adopt their sleep patterns. I was up till nearly 4 a.m. again. So I kept tuning in and out trying to see who won. I don't really care about tennis or Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal, but I was intrigued. Would Nadal beat Federer, 5 time Wimbeldon champ? The answer -- yes. It was a good match as far as tennis matches go but the weirdest thing happened when John MacEnroe (sp?) was interviewing Federer the loser. He asked him how he was feeling and Federer said, "It hurts." Then John turned to him and said, "Let me give you a hug." Then Federer walked away -- interview over. Awkward. I guess sometimes a hug is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment