Saturday, July 12, 2008

Walmart

So I went shopping at the evil empire. Crayola markers and colored pencils 88¢. Crayola crayons 22¢. After stocking up on more than $150 dollars of school related items I decided I would support the local economy and do my grocery shopping at Harmon's. It's hard to take a stand against corporate giants when their prices are so good. Oh yeah, I also bought a label maker. It's so cool. I'm thinking this might help motivate me to clean/organize my office. I'll get started on that right after my nap...

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same about Walmart. Diapers and formula are like $5.00 cheaper on average than any other place. At this young stage in my family, I can't afford to shop based on politics... although I guess it could be argued that I leave a worse world behind for my kiddos somehow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WalMart. My problem with it is that the ones we live by are always ghetto and packed. I get in a bad mood just pushing my cart through the door after negotiating the bumpiest tiles on the planet. Whose idea was that anyway? We get inside and I ask the kids: "Everybody still have all your teeth?" And on the way back to the car I have to resist the urge to check the eggs.

    ReplyDelete