Sunday, July 13, 2008

Necessities

Can I just say I love my label maker. How did I live without it? Here are a few other things I can't live without:
  • food
  • water
  • shelter
  • friends/family
I didn't want to sound completely shallow, so maybe I'll revise my statement. Here are a few other technological advancements I don't want to live without.
  • Dyson label maker - Everything looks so clean and organized (or when I'm finished it will) Is it going too far if I start labeling the shelves in my kitchen -- plates, Tupperware, tacky teacher mugs?
  • DVR - How did I ever watch TV before? It's to the point that I rarely watch anything live for fear of having to view a dreaded commercial. Now all the advertising is packed within the shows anyway. (I do stop for those Sonic commercials however. They are funny.)
  • iPod - I love it. I remember back in the day having to call the radio station, request the song, wait until the song was played, stand next to the radio with a "boom box", press the play and record button down together, hope I got the beginning of the song, and pray that Melanie, Matt, or Michelle didn't walk in and ask what I was doing. It didn't matter that all the tapes had this static hum. -- Yeah, long live itunes.
  • Laptop computer with wi-fi -- I know mine would work even better if I actually had a lap.
  • Digital camera -- I don't own one of these but if I did have one, I wouldn't want to live without it.
  • Dry erase board -- You write on it, with a colored marker, and you can still erase? So cool. No more chalk lines straight across your butt. Chalk lines were worse than VPL.
That' as far as I'm going today because by tomorrow I'm sure there will be some other invention that trumps all of the things that I love. As Matt says, my dad says, president Monson says, "Don't let today's conveniences become tomorrow's necessities," too late.

2 comments:

  1. Ok seriously, you crack me up! You have inspired me to create a blog of my own. I had doubts in the past, because I didn't have a family to brag about (not that there is anything wrong with that):). PS: Melanie gave me your blog address to check out.... just so you don't think I am stalking you. Or am I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, single girls unite! We might not have the cute photos -- that's what nieces and nephews are for.

    ReplyDelete